Welcome!
DIY crossovers aren't too hard... a good basic read at Passive Crossover Networks
Parts available at Parts Express, and lots of opinions available here.![]()
Hello, Im Steve in Oklahoma city. I'm a fan of Altec gear , I own now and have owned several nice pieces. I currently have a few pieces I could use some help with and a few for sale. My needs are a passive 2 way crossover that crosses at 1200hz, like a N1201-8A. I can find a pair if I look hard enough, but anybody got a suggestion for a substitue.I dont want to bi amp. Im putting a pair of speakers together using a Stone Hinge cabinet and attaching an 811 horn with a 902 and mounting a 416b in the cabinet. My hope is to achieve a vertical Altec 19 sound. Also I have 2 pairs of flamenco cabinets in very nice condition, Id like to get rid of one of these and re-populate the other set. I also have a pair of GPA 604's mounted in solid walnut cabinets. Amazing speaker. They are for sale too.

Welcome!
DIY crossovers aren't too hard... a good basic read at Passive Crossover Networks
Parts available at Parts Express, and lots of opinions available here.![]()
Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Hello Steve ! Welcome to the board ! We hope to have a marketplace very soon for you to post your items in.It will be At the top of the forum in the form of a "Sticky".Which will be up to Todd. WRT your project it should sound good but I would recommend a little bigger cabinet for the 416-8B to reach it's full potential a 8-9 cu.ft cab would be preferable.Otherwise it won't have as much bass as the Model 19.
Hi Buddy welcome to the Hangout. : ) I'm running 604's in a pair of Mock (heathkit AS 101) Flamenco's. they sound superb.
Are you the Steve that works at GPA?
Ok Thanks Buddy.
Bookmarks